The government have introduced a further wage subsidy, primarily aimed at supporting businesses affected by the 2 week Auckland lockdown. If there are any of you though, who may commute to Auckland for business or are affected by Auckland’s shutdown then it is possible that you haven’t been able to work for the last week or so, so this could apply to you;
- Available to all businesses nationwide who have had, or expect to have, a revenue drop of 40% (due to COVID-19) for a 14 day period between 12 August and 10 September.
- This revenue must be due to the impact of COVID-19 and not due to other unrelated circumstances.
- 2 week payment of $585.80 per week per full time employee (and $350.00 for part time employees).
- Cannot claim if currently receiving the Extended Wage Subsidy (i.e. within the 8 weeks since you applied for that) or the Leave Support subsidy.
- Other conditions are the same as the previous wage subsidies, e.g. retaining employees, taking other steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
- Applications can be made from 1pm on Friday until 3 September.
- Subsidies are anticipated to be paid within 5 working days of the application.
- We anticipate that the Auckland lockdown may last a little longer than the initial 2 weeks so it may be that this Resurgence Wage Subsidy is further extended in due course.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.